- No public Twitter messages.
Welcome to my Issues Page. Please select the heading of each topic to see a YouTube video that further explains my beliefs on that particular issue.
- STATE BUDGET: Texas politicians can no longer use the same budgetary gimmicks that we so often deride in our leaders in Washington D.C. Unfortunately, the 82nd Legislature “balanced the budget” by using those gimmicks. We need to put Texas on sound fiscal footing by requiring a zero-based budget so that each department and program has to justify its use every biennium.
- TAXES: I oppose all efforts to implement an income tax here in the Lone Star State. I will also seek to substantially reduce if not eliminate the Margins Tax which places a heavy burden on our most vital and effective job creators: small businesses and entrepreneurs.
- SANCTITY OF LIFE: I believe that life begins at conception and that life should be protected with the full force of law. We must respect life from conception to natural death.
- EDUCATION: As Texans we understand that without properly educating our children, the future prosperity of the state is in jeopardy. That means that funding for education should go to those who need it most – teachers and students in the classroom. I also believe that we should continue to pursue alternate means of educating our children such as charter schools and online learning.
- ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION: I believe it is the right and responsibility of Texas to secure its own borders if the federal government does not hold up its end of the responsibility. I also feel that sanctuary cities should not be allowed to sit idly by and ignore the will of the people and the rule of law. There is certainly a detrimental economic effect that comes with illegal immigration, and if Texas is to get its fiscal house in order, stopping the flow of illegal immigration has to be a part of that solution.
- TRANSPORTATION : The citizens of District 93 understand better than most that transportation issues can affect quality of life. I am committed to ending diversions in the transportation budget. And I want to make sure that the priority in transportation funding goes to the most congested areas such as I35W and 820.
- ENERGY: The oil and gas industry in Texas continues to provide jobs and income to our great state. We should continue to utilize this vibrant sector of our economy and not allow the federal government or state regulations keep the industry from maximizing its full potential. Texas should certainly continue to develop other means of energy, but not at the expense of the oil and gas industry.
- 2nd AMENDMENT: I believe the right for each individual Texan to keep and bear arms is an inalienable and undeniable right. A well-armed citizenry is a good check and balance against an overzealous government. The 2nd Amendment is the catalyst for a society of freedom and liberty.
- The 10th AMENDMENT: For too long Texas has taken more than its fair share from the federal government. If we as Texans want to truly assert our state sovereignty, we must discontinue our reliance on the federal government. At the same time, we must fight efforts by D.C. to intrude into our lives in areas such as healthcare and the ongoing work of the EPA.
Comments are closed.